The Director of Academics (DA) will assist the principal to accomplish the school’s mission and vision. DA will focus mainly on curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional development.
|Director of Academics (Y1‐Y3)
||All teachers, advisors / admissions staff, and human resource staff.
||To ensure student academic growth
- Master degree or equivalent in
- Minimum of three years administrative and secondary classroom experience
- Experience in the supervision of faculty members
- Thorough knowledge of state standards and requirements for secondary school education
- Proficiency in curriculum development
- Experience in coaching and training adults
- Experience working in urban low-income schools
- Strong knowledge of Arizona State Standards.
- Experience in designing curriculum
- Administrative experience
- Ability to assess data and use it to drive instruction
- Supervises teachers
- Participate in hiring, managing, and developing TTA academic staff
- Develop and oversee the curriculum, instruction, and assessment programs
- Collaborate in collecting, analyzing, the creation and revision all academic data analysis and intervention programs
- Lead teacher training and professional development
- Assists with Student Recruitment: marketing, advertising, strategic plan and lottery
- Participate in the development of a personal education plan for each assigned student.
- Assessment Management: maintain calendar, content and school data
- Oversees and manages school wide curriculum and assessment
- Contracted Service Management: special Education services and curriculum services
- Collaborate with School principal in reporting School Academic Performance to: Arizona Department of Education, Arizona state Board of Charter, and grantors
- Manage school professional development in accordance with the induction program
- Familiar and follow school rules and regulations and procedures.
- Management: AZELLA testing, reports, data tracking
|Indicators of Effectiveness
- Promotes collaborative problem solving and open communication.
- Collects, analyzes, and uses data to identify school needs
- Uses data to identify and plan for needed changes in the instructional program
- Student academic growth
- Graduation rate