||Director of Academics
- Bachelor Degree and must be Highly Qualified as defined
- Arizona Teaching certification preferred
- Knowledge of state standards and researched-based instruction
- Ability to align the state standards, the instructions, and the assessment
- Provide leadership, and data driven decision maker
- Demonstrates administrative experience
- Computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Prepares, teaches, and facilitates learning in assigned course(s).
- Assist in the development of a personal education plan for each assigned student.
- Creates a weekly written lesson plan, that are correlated with the aims and/or objectives in the curriculum guide and/or course outline.
- Selects and uses a range of different learning resources and equipment in delivering course(s)
- Monitors and assesses student progress in order to provide feedback on regular basis to students and their parents.
- Maintains open communication between principals, colleagues, students, and parents.
- Participates in regular in-service training, departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole school training events.
- Supports students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Prepares students for qualifications and external examinations;
- Maintains data and compiles final reports at the end of each quarter.
- Manages students’ behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
- Maintains up-to-date subject knowledge
- Applies effective research-based learning strategies
- Collaborates and communicate with other professionals, such as principal, assistant principal, department leader, counselors, and nurses to meet each student needs.
- Familiar and follow school rules and regulations and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Indicators of Effectiveness
- Performance of this job will be evaluated by the school principal in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures