|Educational & Certification
- Associate Degree or equivalent
- One year of general clerical experience, including work experience in multi-media type library or public library preferably
- Ability to multitasks in order to meet job conditions
- Ability to operate standard office equipment to prepare and to maintain accurate records.
- Knowledge of library practices, terminology and procedures; age appropriate literature, computer and internet operations.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Maintain circulation of all materials include checking in and out of library.
- Select, ordering, and receiving books and other materials
- Process and catalog new library materials by bar-coding, labeling, spine labeling,
- Maintain school library’s catalog.
- Shelve books and make repairs.
- Prepare notices, collect, and record fines for lost and overdue books
- Locate materials for students and assisting in research projects.
- Work with teachers to assist students in developing research skills and techniques for independent learning
- Provide general reference service and reader’s advisory service to staff and students.
- Manage the ACA Accelerated Reader Program (AR), include set up of all testing, class list, progression, reports and reward system, include printing certificates.
- Manage the ACA Accelerated Reader Program (AR), include set up of all testing, class list, progression, reports and reward system, include printing certificates
- Keep and update an inventory record of teacher resources such as teacher’s edition.
- Participate in student’s daily school experience in a constructive manner
- support teaching material, and manipulatives.
- Create the academic year’s booklist for students and teachers, and help parents order books when necessary.
- Maintain the Principals bookshelf of textbooks used in the current curriculum
- Develop job-related abilities, skills and knowledge
- Perform other duties as assigned